The infographic below is much more appealing than a list of statistics, but if you’re in a hurry here’s the breakdown of why you need to be blogging for your website and business to succeed.
- Websites that have an active blog typically have 97% more inbound links
*Links are still the most important factor in Google’s ranking system
- They have on average 434% more pages listed in Google’s index
*more pages listed = more chances for people to find you
- 61% of consumers in the U.S. have made a purchase based on a blog post
- 60% feel more positive about a company or brand after reading their blog
- 82% enjoy reading relevant content form company blogs
- 70% learn more about a company through their blog than advertising
- Typically most people read 5-10 blogs every day
- 31% consider a company’s blog to be the second most influential factor in making a purchase
- 77% increase in leads for companies with more than 51 blog posts.
- 65% of people rad blogs in the morning
- 10:00 AM is the most popular time to read a blog
- Monday and Thursday are preferred
- 41% of people want to be notified by email when a company adds a new blog post
Now that you’re convinced that blogging is important you need to understand the technical aspects of optimizing your blog. This includes intentional titles, user-fucused meta tags, image size and title, alt text optimization and keyword awareness. I’ll cover this in a future post, but feel free to call for personalized advice.